Local Same Day and Express Delivery
A wonderful way to recognize International Women’s Day on March 8th, is to send fresh flowers from Pugh’s Flowers. It is well known that Women have struggled to gain equal pay and voting rights since the early 1900’s. Today with the help of many advocates, women’s rights have come very far. This special day on March 8 is designed to pay tribute to the wonderful women and their contributions. Also, a time to ponder the struggles over many years to get past the injustices women were faced with. Pugh’s Flowers sells only the freshest and most creative floral products and arrangements.
By fact checking the historical advancements for women’s rights, it is evident how much progress has occurred with respect to equality. Women now hold many powerful and influential positions within our society including prestigious board roles.
In 1909 the first International Women’s Day was held in the United States of America. The day began to gain popularity in other countries. By 1911 it was observed in several countries including Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. To honor of this day, in 2011 there was a 100-year anniversary to celebrate.
Now in 2022, the world is a changed place. One change is that women have gained momentum in terms of job equality and opportunity. That is not to say there is not still room for improvement, but much progress has been made in a century. You now find women in numerous high-level roles within the public and private sector. Women now can be found in many boardrooms.
International Women’s Day
In order to honor the importance of International Women’s Day, a beautiful flower arrangement from Pugh’s Flowers will be their perfect gift. Then to carry on that effort, below are some ideas to create a positive environment.
- Boost self-esteem – How kind it is to make a person feel like they are special and have great ideas and abilities. If you have a daughter what better reason than to boost her self-esteem. Encourage individuality and the pursuit of education.
- Eliminate negativity – It is challenging to be a woman with all the pressure from beauty aids and social media. Help to reduce all of that and promote the positive aspects of intelligence and honesty.
- Lead by example – People who have experienced success in their careers owe it to younger workers to be a good role model. Young women starting out will look up to positive role models and want to emulate that successful behavior. You may become their mentor and career buddy as some companies like to create.
- Support businesses – small businesses are vital to our community. Women run small businesses can use the extra support by way of investment, donations, or simply doing business with them.
- Show your appreciation – This one is fairly obvious. Think about all of the wonderful things the women in your life do to contribute to society. Show the women in your life how much you appreciate them by sending a thank you card, giving them a compliment, or simply telling them what they mean to you.
Pugh’s Flowers International Women’s Day Flowers
Pugh’s Flowers is a third generation, family owned and operated floral design firm. We operate three floral design centers in the greater Memphis area, and operate a fourth flower shop in Southaven, Mississippi. Our delivery team is one of the very best in Tennessee.
At Pugh’s Flowers, we are extremely blessed to have built a professional, customer focused employee team. Any successful flower shop is built around the floral design team. We have one of the finest groups of flower designers anywhere in Tennessee. Our operations staff and sales staff are also top notch. They are customer focused, motivated and dedicated folks.
Main Location2435 Whitten Rd.
Memphis, TN 38133